Friday, November 1, 2013

10 Things

There are a few events that I have been meaning to post about for a while.
(My niece's birth & blessing, and my 23rd birthday) But those will have to wait for now.
This post will be "one of those wordy ones" with no fun pictures or anything.

I know it's been a while since I've posted and even longer since I've written anything of significance. I'm out of practice
so I apologize if this post seems boring or silly, but I wanted to share some simple truths the universe has taught me

I watched this TED Talk and was inspired to write a little bit of "my story."
By no means am I a poet or even want to become one, but there have been some pretty big lessons I have learned in this last year, and like she says, "everyone can make a list."

So here they are:
THE 10 THINGS THAT I KNOW TO BE TRUE:
(as learned/relearned in 2013)
  1. God- He is real. He is good. He is everything. 
  2. Love should be given freely and abundantly. No such thing as loving too much.
  3. You have nothing if you don't have your health. (hard truth to learn.)
  4. Trust is the most fragile thing you can ever hold. EVER.
  5. Quality friends are more important than the quantity of friends.
  6. Change is good. Change is scary. Change is growth.
  7. Never settle for less than you deserve. Hurts worse in the end.
  8. Good things come to those who wait WORK.
  9. There is no weakness in forgiveness. (that was a big one this year)
  10. Everything will be alright in the end. If it's not alright, it's not the end.

welp. there ya go. 
maybe someday I'll share my list of "Things I should know by now."

No comments:

Post a Comment